On this page, you'll find any current information concerning the parade as we get closer to parade day. Check back often as the parade day gets closer.
Sunday, December 10, 2023
2:00 - 4:00 PM Unit Staging
4:15 - 4:45 PM Community Float Preview Judging
5:00 PM Parade Step Off
5:00 - 6:30 PM Parade Procession / Live Unit Judging & Fan Favorite Voting
Parade Staging Areas
Staging is located on Alhambra Circle, between Douglas Road and Le Jeune Road.
• CHECK IN LOCATION FOR ALL UNITS: Intersection of Alhambra Plaza / Ponce
• Parade Staging is located on Alhambra Plaza, between Douglas Road and Le Jeune Road.
• ALL UNITS MUST CHECK IN PRIOR TO 4:30 PM. You will be given a UNIT NUMBER which corresponds to your lineup location. Lineup numbers are posted online before the parade. At staging on parade day, there will be on 8.5” x 11” signs in traffic cones in each staging area.
• Note that parking is limited in downtown Coral Gables. We strongly suggest arriving early and carpooling (or getting dropped off)
Toy Drive - Unit Participation
• PLEASE bring toys to Parade Check In to donate to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
• Toys will be collected, and your group NAME will be featured on up to 2 bags, on the Main Stage for a Media Photo.
• Bags will be delivered to the Grandstands by the Grand Floats - and of course, Santa Claus!
• Nicklaus Children’s Hospital will receive the toys and delver to the children after the parade
Parade Dispersal Zone
• For the safety of all youth participating in the parade:
• NO riders may exit a float along the parade route unless there is a medical emergency
• Absolutely NO unloading of floats or motorized units in pedestrian areas of the route
• Units must obey directions of Parade Marshals
• Note that the Dispersal Zone is farther down Biltmore Way than in previous years – do NOT stop after the grandstands – keep going until staff direct you to stop!
• Marching Bands – Buses stage West of Segovia on Biltmore Way for pickup. Band members will walk 1 block west after the parade route finishes to meet buses. (Anderson Rd to Cardena St)
Please refrain from throwing beads, candy, or other items from the parade floats for everyone's safety.
If you have any questions, concerns or safety issues please contact one of our Parade Marshals, they have radio communication with medical and police assistance. Our Parade Marshals wear green jackets with our logo and many will be driving golf carts or on Segways.
Volunteer staff in orange shirts will also be available to assist for non-emergency needs.
HAVE FUN! Remember to wave, smile and enjoy the day!
The Parade begins by heading south from Alhambra Circle and Ponce de Leon Boulevard, turns right on Miracle Mile, and finishes just past Coral Gables City Hall (approximately 0.6 mi).
Find Parking (City of Coral Gables site)
Pay by Phone is the preferred provider for the City of Coral Gables parking meters and street parking.
Alternate Transportation Options:
The parade area is in the heart of downtown Coral Gables near shopping and restaurants. There are no public restroom facilities in the immediate parade route area, and most merchants reserve their facilities for customers only. The Junior Orange Bowl provides a limited number of porta-potties in designated locations near staging areas. A restroom location map will be posted at the Staging Area.
Food & Beverage Options
There is a wide variety of dining options in downtown Coral Gables. We have compiled a short list of lower-cost options for groups, including links to order online where applicable. This list is by no means comprehensive,and the Junior Orange Bowl does not officially endorse any of these merchants.